Cardiovascular Technologists specialize in cardiac (heart) sonography as well as peripheral vascular (blood vessels) sonography.The Cardiovascular Technologists perform diagnostic examinations at the request or direction of a physician.
Our traditional teaching method includes theory classes in class room settings and hands on experience in clinical lab. In the clinical lab students will be trained with scanning of the heart and vessels not limiting to valves, walls and velocities(Doppler). The students will also be taught about the stress echo, and holter monitoring.
- Medical Terminology and Human Anatomy & Physiology
- Ultrasound Physics & Instrumentation
- Electrocardiography (EKG)
- Adult Echocardiography
- Vascular Ultrasound
Program Length and Schedule:
- 2220 Clock Hours
- Classroom Instruction & Lab – 1420 Hours
- Clinical Externship – 800 Hours
|Schedule||Day 9am – 2pm
|Start Date||Day – July 31st
Eve – May 30th
|Requirements||High School Diploma or GED Pass
- At the end of the program student will be scheduled for clinical externship where he/she can gain hands on experience
- Eligible students can take Exam for ARDMS (American Registry of Medical Sonographers)
- * Job Assistance is offered at no additional cost.