Diagnostic Medical Sonography
Ultrasound is one of the most popular non-invasive diagnostic imaging procedures in healthcare industry. Our traditional teaching method includes theory classes in class room settings and hands on experience in clinical lab. In the clinical lab students will be trained with scanning techniques of various human body parts.
- Medical Terminology and Human Anatomy & Physiology
- Ultrasound Physics & Instrumentation
- Scanning techniques of Abdominal & Superficial body parts (Head, Neck, Breast etc.)
- Scanning techniques of OB/GYN (Female reproductive system)
- Vascular Scanning
Program Length and Schedule:
- 2180 Clock Hours
- Classroom Instruction & Lab – 1640 Hours
- Clinical Externship – 540 Hours
|Schedule||Day 9am – 2pm
|Start Date||Day – July 31st
Eve – May 30th
|Requirements||Associate Degree Admission Exam|
- Associate Degree
- Pass Admissions Exam
- At the end of the program student will be scheduled for clinical externship where he/she can gain hands on experience.
- Eligible students can take Exam for ARDMS (American Registry of Medical Sonographers)
- * Job Assistance is offered at no additional cost.